2. No harassment
3. No spam
4. No hacking
5. No illegal activity
6. No inappropriate messages/material
Maybethisisyou

New Player

Postby Maybethisisyou » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:24 pm

I was searching online for a game similar to Xenimus and stumbled across this gem. Going to start playing tonight and wanted to say Hi and ask a couple of questions.

1) Best class to start out as or is it just build your character into a fighter / mage type?

2) Do people lose items / gears when killed by other players?

3) Storage system for saving gear?

4) Current level max?

Thanks!

-Also I see you do a decent amount of events, so exited to play on a platform where the developers care.
dauragon

Re: New Player

Postby dauragon » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:35 pm

best start as a fighter, spells are expensive
lose random items when die equipped too
items store in bag
not sure level max, im 102

whisper me if you want to trade Dauragon in game
howlbreath

Re: New Player

Postby howlbreath » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:53 pm

Hi Maybe, welcome to Howlbreath!
To add to Dauragon's answers:
1) You don't choose a class at the beginning, it's how you allocate stats as you level up. Warriors are easier to play early on, but mages can get a lot of cool spells. Spell costs were reduced quite a bit recently; the aim is that their cost shouldn't be a deterrent any more.
2) When you die (PVP or otherwise), you'll randomly lose up to a few items either from your inventory bag or from what's equipped. If it's not from PVP, you might be able to run back to get whatever dropped before somebody else comes across it.
3) There are warehouses in towns where you can deposit items -- items deposited in a warehouse are safe (can't be dropped if you die)
4) The current level max is 120, though this will likely increase as the game expands

Enjoy and feel free to post any ideas you have once you start playing!
HenryTon

-

Postby HenryTon » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:49 am

running the two decks recommended in the core set as the beginner decks can be a good way to show new players into the game without overwhelming them. Running a HB deck is also not a bad idea, you may just need to explain the decks goals before you have them sit down and try to play. Good luck and I hope your new player enjoys the game

Return to “Howlbreath General”